Scenic Finder respects your privacy. Scenic Finder and its affiliates (“Scenic Finder” or the “Company”) offer mapping, GPS navigation and community based services to users of scenicfinder.com (the “Website”) and/or users of Scenic Finder’s mobile applications (the “Application”) (collectively referred to as the “Services”). When you use our services, you’re trusting us with your information. We understand this is a big responsibility and we work hard to protect your information.
To use our Services you must be 16 years of age or older. If you are under 16, you may not download or use the Services.
1. User Accounts and Accessing the Services
If you do register your Account your login details are your responsibility. You are fully accountable for any use or misuse of your Account and personal details as a result of conveying your login details to someone else. You must maintain your login details in absolute confidentiality and avoid disclosing them to others. If you set a password, make sure that you change your password frequently and at least once every six months.
2. Information that is being collected
We want you to understand the types of information we collect as you use our services. Scenic Finder collects information to provide better services to all its users.
Information you create or provide to us
• Account Information: information required when setting up an Account, such as your name, email address.
• Community Information: information you have provided within our community forums such as profile picture / avatar, name, location etc.
• Communication which you choose to conduct through the Scenic Finder Services: if you choose to use Scenic Finder to communicate with other Scenic Finder users or third parties through the Scenic Finder Services, such as community chat messages and topic posts. We may also collect information when you exchange communication with Scenic Finder, for example, if you submit a request, contact Scenic Finder’s support team, or report a violation to the abuse team.
Information we collect as you use our services
We collect minimal information when you use our services.
• Basic web analytics to monitor the activity on our service. This data includes your IP address, browser and visits. We do not connect analytical data to any 'user ID'. This analytics data is used as general metric for how our website and services are performing.
Information we collect about you from our partners
We currently do not collect information about you from any partners.
3. Why Scenic Finder collects data
Scenic Finder may use information collected from or provided by you for the following purposes:
To provide our services
We use your information to deliver our services. For example:
• Username and email so you can login to use our service.
• To share your submissions with other users of the Services and to facilitate communication between you, Scenic Finder and other users.
Maintain and improve our services
• We also use your information to ensure our services are working as intended, such as tracking outages or troubleshooting issues you report to us. And we use your information to improve the service or to develop new features or Services.
• We use data for analytics and measurement to understand how our services are used. For example, we analyze data about users interactions with our Services to do things like optimize product design. We may also use this data to measure the usability and effectiveness of Scenic Finder’s own marketing efforts.
Communicate with you
• We also use your information to send you updates, notices, announcements, users’ requests and additional information related to the Services (including through push notifications, email address and SMS)
• We may also use your information to conduct surveys and questionnaires; And if you contact Scenic Finder we may keep a record of your request in order to help solve any issues you might be facing.
• Subject to your prior indication of consent (to the extent required under applicable law), we may also use the email address that you provided to send you promotional and/or marketing materials. At any time you may choose not to receive such materials by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link in the email messages that we may send to you. In any case, Scenic Finder will not share your contact details with any advertiser or sell your information.
To protect Scenic Finder, our users, the public and for Legal reasons
We may also use and process your information and content, using different technologies to the following purposes:
4. Sharing your information
Personal information that you share
The Services include a community of users publicly sharing information with Scenic Finder and with other members of that community.
In particular, users may choose to share personal information such as name, age, gender, picture, their location information and other files. This information may be shared either directly to the Services and to all users. This information may also be shared via third party services (such as social networks) which interact with the Services upon such users’ choice.
You can decide whether or not to share or upload content to the Services. However if it is within our public community forums, this information is made public (by you) and is not considered private by any means.
We, at Scenic Finder, take great measures to provide you with the best experience you can have while using the Services. However, Scenic Finder has no control over the conduct of any user and disclaims all liability in this regard. Users are advised to carefully and thoroughly consider whether or not to make public or available any information and carefully examine all necessary details related to any communication with other users prior to any engagement or communication being made.
Participating in any user’s activities as a result, directly or indirectly, from using Scenic Finder, is entirely at your own risk. Scenic Finder is not a party to any agreement entered into between the users in any circumstances. The user has the sole and ultimate responsibility regarding compliance with all laws, regulations or any other duty. We do not accept any liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense that you may suffer or incur as a result of or in connection with your participation in any activity or event initiated, held or conducted by a user or a third party nor in connection to any agreement between the users or third parties, including any activity or event related in any way, directly or indirectly, the Services or the use thereof.
When Scenic Finder shares your information
Scenic Finder does not sell, rent or lease your personal information to third parties.
Scenic Finder will not share your personal information with others, without your permission, except for the following situations and to the extent necessary in Scenic Finder’s good-faith discretion:
• If Scenic Finder is required, or reasonably believes that it is required by law to share or disclose your information;
• In any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and Scenic Finder, or between you and other users with respect to, or in relation with the Services;
• In any case where Scenic Finder reasonably believes that sharing information is necessary to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Scenic Finder, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law, including to prevent imminent physical damage or damage to property;
• To collect, store, hold and manage your personal information through cloud based or hosting services or a third party or a party affiliated or connected to Scenic Finder, as reasonable for business purposes, which may be located in the European Union and the U.S.A., potentially countries outside of your jurisdiction;
5. How Scenic Finder retains data we collect
Some data you can delete whenever you like and some data we retain for longer periods of time when necessary. This section describes why we hold onto different types of data for different periods of time.
Information retained until you remove it
Such as your community profile avatar, name, email address and other account related information. We’ll keep this data in your Scenic Finder Account until you choose to remove it and/or update it.
Information retained for extended time periods for limited purposes
Sometimes business and legal requirements oblige us to retain certain information, for specific purposes, for an extended period of time. For example, when Scenic Finder processes a payment for you, we’ll retain this data for longer periods of time as required for tax or accounting purposes. Reasons we might retain some data for extended periods of time include:
• Security, fraud and abuse prevention • Financial record-keeping • Complying with legal or regulatory requirements • Ensuring the continuity of our services • Direct communications with Scenic Finder
6. How does Scenic Finder use aggregated information?
Scenic Finder may use anonymous, statistical or aggregated information (including anonymous location information), in a form that does not enable the identification of a specific user, to properly operate the Services, to improve the quality of the Services, to enhance your experience, to create new services and features, including customized services, to change or cancel existing content or service, and for further internal, commercial and statistical purposes (including advertising).
Scenic Finder may also use anonymous, statistical or aggregated information collected on the Services, in a form that does not enable the identification of a specific user, by posting, disseminating, transmitting or otherwise communicating or making available such information to users of the Services, to the Services’ providers, partners and any other third party. For example, GPS information that we receive from your mobile device may be provided to map editors in an aggregated and/or anonymous form to help improve the map and solve map problems.
Some of the cookies may expire when the session ends and you exit your browser. Other cookies are saved on your computer’s hard drive. If you wish to block the Website’s cookies, then please use the help button in your browser and follow the necessary instructions. However, bear in mind that disabling cookies may complicate or even prevent your use of the Website, or certain features thereof.
8. Internal communication
The Services community includes an internal messaging system which provides you the ability to send and receive messages to and from other users, and to receive marketing messages from us. You hereby agree that we may use the internal messaging system for the purpose of informing you regarding products or services, which may interest you.
Please note however that other Scenic Finder users are not allowed to use your contact details, our community forums or internal messaging system for commercial advertising purposes. If you have encountered any user generated advertising material, please inform us at scenicfinder.com/contact
It is clarified that we are not responsible for the content of said advertisements and the products delivered or services rendered thereby by third parties and you irrevocably and unconditionally agree that we shall not be held responsible or liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense that you may suffer or incur as a result or in connection thereof.
9. Information security
Scenic Finder considers information security to be a top priority. Scenic Finder services are built with strong security features that continuously protect your information. Scenic Finder implements systems, applications and procedures to secure your personal information, to minimize the risk of theft, damage, loss of information, or unauthorized access or use of information. For example, we review our information collection, storage, and processing practices, including physical security measures, to prevent unauthorized access to our systems. In addition, we restrict access to personal information to Scenic Finder employees, contractors, and agents who need that information in order to process it. Anyone with this access is subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
The insights we gain from maintaining our services help us detect and automatically block security threats from ever reaching you.
However, these measures are unable to provide absolute assurance. Therefore, although Scenic Finder takes great efforts to protect your personal information, Scenic Finder cannot guarantee and you cannot reasonably expect that Scenic Finder’s databases will be immune from any wrongdoings, malfunctions, unlawful interceptions or access, or other kinds of abuse and misuse.
10. Data transfers
We store data on servers located around the world and your information may be processed on servers located outside of the country where you live. Data protection laws vary among countries, with some providing more protection than others. Regardless of where your information is processed, we apply the same protections described in this policy.
When we receive formal written complaints, we respond by contacting the person who made the complaint. We work with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of your data that we cannot resolve with you directly.
You also have the right to object to the processing of your information.
• Notification on the Website’s homepage or any other relevant web pages, explaining the changes.
Last modified: 16 November 2022